COMMERCIAL & CORPORATE LAWWe have over the years acquired a wealth of experience in Corporate and Commercial Law which includes drafting commercial agreements in mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, and outsourcing; advising shareholders on structuring BEE transactions and their shareholders agreements; conducting due diligence investigations; drafting various community and workers trusts and providing legal opinions on Corporate and Commercial Law related transactions.
We offer a full spectrum of Corporate Law services, our Commercial Law team has successfully incorporated Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPV”) in BEE transactions, start-ups and effected and processed changes to MOI’s and other registered documents of companies at CIPC. We have also have competency in unwinding of SPV’s, unbundling of shares, applications for exemptions to the Takeover Regulation Panel and other shareholder protection submissions.
What we do We offer a full spectrum of Corporate and Commercial Law services.
These services include transactional and regulatory services.
Legal areas we specialise in
- Black Economic Empowerment
- Business Structures and Joint Ventures
- Administration Law & Public Sector Governance
- Competition Law
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Corporate Law including Company Law and Company Secretarial Practice
- Corporate Restructuring and Unbundling
- Estate Planning
- Information and Communications Technology Law
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Local Government Law
- Medical Scheme Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Notarial Practice
- Property Law and Property Development
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Structured and Project Finance
- Structuring transactions (e.g. share sales, sale of businesses and assets.
- Advising on appropriate forms of business enterprises for transactions.
- Structuring and advising on mergers, acquisitions and takeovers.
- Advising on appropriate corporate structures and forms of business enterprise.
- Advising on legislative implications for commercial transactions.
- Advising on commercial transactions involving the national, provincial and local spheres of government.
- Conducting due diligence and legal forensic investigations and producing reports.
- Drafting all contracts and legal documentation for commercial contracts such as Sale Agreements, Leases, Partnerships, Joint Ventures and Shareholders Agreements.